To upload product images or videos in ESP Updates, go to the Media tab.
In the Media tab, you are able to upload product images and tag them with criteria and/or media tags as well as select or upload a product video for the item.
Adding Images and Image Requirements
At least one image must be associated with each product for it to be active and available to distributors searching ESP. All images must meet the image requirements below:
- Size (pixels): Recommended 2400x2400; Minimum is 600x600.
- Resolution: Minimum: 300 DPI/Maximum: 600 DPI (better quality images help drive customers to your products).
- Image aspect ratio (relationship of height to width) must be maintained when re-sizing images.
- File Types: JPG, PNG.
- Images must not contain:
- Marketing verbiage
- Contact information
- Reference to the Pantone/PMS Numbering System (the Pantone / PMS numbering system is proprietary so for example – ‘PMS-123’ is not permitted, use ‘Yellow-123’ instead’)
- A colored border
- Unauthorized trademarks and/or logos without proper authorization.
- File Size: Maximum 10 MB (any file over 5MB should be compressed).
- Please put multiple image files in a Zip folder.
- Make sure the file name for your main image matches the product number, for example, DS154.jpg.
- Name additional images by product number and color/shape, for example DS154-red.jpg.
- Upload both decorated and blank versions of the images. This allows distributors to see examples of the item imprinted and/or create a virtual sample for their client.
- When using multiple images, tag the images with attributes like color and shape to ensure the appropriate image displays in search results and increase the likelihood that a distributor views it.
Upload a Single Product Image
To upload a specific image, click on the Choose button and select the image file from your computer. Click on Open and then the Upload button.
A thumbnail of the uploaded image will be displayed in the Manage Images section.
Upload Multiple Product Images
To upload multiple images, click on the Choose button and then browse to the location of the images on your computer. Click on the first image, then hold the Control (CTRL) button on your keyboard while clicking on any additional images. After all the images are selected, click on Open. Then, click on the Upload button.
Thumbnails of each uploaded image will be displayed in the Manage Images section.
Select from Media Library
The Media Library contains previously uploaded images and videos. In the Select from Media Library section, click on the Media Library button. A window with all previously uploaded images and videos will display.
The default tab is for Images, but if you need to upload a video, click on the Videos tab. Click the radio button in the lower right corner of the image(s) you would like to use. After making your selection, click on the Use Selected Image(s) button.
A thumbnail of the uploaded image(s) will be displayed in the Manage Images section.
The Manage Images section will display any image(s) which have been added for the item. Click the Preview Full Size link to view the image in its actual size. The default image will have a grey background. To make a different image the main image, use the Set as Default link to change the main product image. Click the "X" to remove an uploaded image or use the Clear All button to remove all images from this product.
For information on tagging images, please review the Tagging Images section.
To add Tags, drag and drop options from the Attach Criteria to a Product Image section into the Tags box located under the image. By adding tags to an image, you are establishing a direct relationship between the image and the product attributes in the tags.
Note: Criteria tags will have a red background when they are unassigned. They will turn green when they have been assigned.
You can also use the Media Tags, which will help determine the location of the imprint on the product. This is different from criteria tags which are used to tag the image with attribute information, such as color and shape.
To use Media Tags, click on the "Add Media Tags" button.
Select the tags needed from the Add Media Tags window and then click on Save.
The Media Tags will now be added to the product image.
To associate a product video with a product, go to the Select from Media Library section and click on the Media Library button. Click on the Videos tab and select the video you would like to associate with this product. Only one video can be applied per product.
For more information on uploading and managing product videos, please refer to the Videos section of the Media Library article.
The video will be added in the Manage Videos section. Use the preview link to see how the video will look to distributors on ESP. Use the "X" to remove it from the product.