Make Your Site Secure with an SSL Certificate
While your ESP Website and Company Store(s) have an SSL Certificate, ASI offers this service for custom domains. SSL Certificates are basically digital padlocks for your site; they encrypt information from the web server to a browser. All ESP Websites and Company Stores have an SSL Certificate; this is why you'll see the URL always begins with https://. Even if your custom domain is hosted through a different domain registrar, such as GoDaddy or Network Solutions where it might not have an SSL Certificate, ASI is offering this service for our members.
Having an SSL Certificate is important for several reasons, including:
- Ensuring a secure connection between your website and visitors.
- Increasing your credibility with visitors.
- Protecting your visitor's information.
- Helping your site rank higher in Google search results compared to unsecure sites.
There are a few key aspects of an SSL Certificate to keep in mind:
- If your site is currently forwarding to your ESP Website or Company Store, the SSL Certificate will not work on your site. Sites must be redirected, not forwarded for the SSL Certificate to function properly.
Note: This also applies to pages, meaning addresses such as "mysite.com/page".
- You are able to add up to four (4) custom domains, but each will require its own SSL Certificate.