Major Goals of the Rating System
There are two main goals of the Supplier Performance Rating System:
- To provide distributors the opportunity to share their opinion with the entire distributor network, in ratings and in optional comments, about their purchase transactions with suppliers.
- In an industry where too often decisions are made purely on price, it allows suppliers to differentiate themselves on their service. This helps distributors realize they may want to consider making a selection based on how well they will be served overall, and not just by how cheap a supplier’s price might be.
- The overwhelming majority of ratings and comments about suppliers are positive.
- The average supplier rating is 3.70, which is represented graphically as three-and-a-half stars.
- Comments are posted for suppliers 25% of the time and suppliers respond to 11% of the comments they receive. A review shows most of the other comments are positive and require no reply.
- Suppliers with an average overall numeric score of at least 3.75 (rounded to four stars), and who have a minimum five distributors submitting reports, are eligible for special ASI® programs and recognition.
Where can I find ASI supplier performance ratings?
Supplier performance ratings are available via ESP Web®, ESP Online®, ESP MobileTM and ASI Central®.
What does the feedback usually include?
Feedback includes a comment box and ratings for the categories below:
- Overall Satisfaction
- Product Quality
- Problem Resolution
Where can a distributor rate a supplier?
Distributors can rate their transactions with suppliers through multiple links in ESP Online or ESP Web; by downloading and faxing back the form posted at www.asicentral.com/supplierratings; or by clicking the “Rate a Supplier” link under Tools on www.asicentral.com. There must be a completed purchase transaction in order to rate a supplier within the past 12 months.
To ensure data integrity, only ASI members can view content and rate suppliers on www.asicentral.com.
If I am a supplier, how can I encourage my customers to rate me?
Suppliers can send a form to distributors, which they can include in order shipments or confirmation emails. Suppliers can also link the ratings page on their website, fax it with their invoices, or their costumer service representatives can ask for a positive rating when a customer compliments their business. Visit the Supplier Performance Ratings page for further ideas on how to promote your company’s excellence.
How long does it take for a rating to be posted?
Ratings that are submitted via ESP Web, ESP Online or ASI Central will be reviewed prior to posting. Average posting time is 24 hours. If a written comment is submitted, it is first read by ASI to assure appropriateness and professionalism, then forwarded to the supplier for review via email. The supplier has five business days to respond with a comment about the distributor’s comments and the transaction. Once approved, both comments are then posted together within about seven business days. If no response is received from the supplier, then the distributor comment is posted alone.
How often are supplier ratings rotated out of the system?
ASI has the only ratings system in the industry that automatically purges comments and individual rating submissions on a rolling 18-month cycle.
As a five-star-rated supplier, where can I find a logo to use in my advertising?
A five-star-rated supplier can download the logo from ASI Central: https://www.asicentral.com/supplier-logo.
I want a list of all active ratings for a supplier.
This must be requested from Customer Service or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 24 hours to receive list.
How many times can a distributor rate a completed transaction?
Distributors can rate a completed transaction once per month. If a distributor has completed multiple transactions with the same supplier, they will need to indicate the number of transactions on the rating form.