You should have received the following information from QuickBooks, but in case you haven't, let us fill you in.
As of June 1, 2018, all services within QuickBooks Desktop need to meet updated system requirements in order to proceed with uninterrupted service. These updates will provide greater security and stability with TLS 1.2, an internet security protocol. Click here to learn more about TLS 1.2.
The following services will be impacted if the update requirements are not met:
- Payroll, Payments, Online Banking and other connected services
- QuickBooks Desktop activation on a new computer
- Password reset tool
- Services requiring Intuit account credentials, such as My Apps, secure webmail and contributed reports
- Intuit Data Protect (IDP)
- Ordering checks and supplies
To ensure uninterrupted QuickBooks services, please take the following steps:
- Make sure you're using the most up-to-date version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- On the computer where QuickBooks is installed, run the TLS 1.2 Readiness tool to confirm your status.
- If the above test failed, review the details here to take necessary action.